Surprisingly much more delicious than it sounds, this Cranberry Kale Smoothie is great for breakfast or snack.
Instead of making resolutions (I don’t usually make any), I have a list of what I’m looking forward to in the coming year. Last year has been a busy year for me and I haven’t been regular on Veganlovlie. This year, I’m looking forward to…
- firstly, getting organized, and donating things we don’t need, clearing the space really.
- learning more about photography and food styling.
- working more on my handmade jewellery project.
- incorporating more yoga in my routine and hitting the gym more often.
- cycling around the neighborhood more often.
- …and posting new varied content on Veganlovlie (stay tuned).
Now to kick start that New Year, here’s a smoothie that is surprisingly much more delicious than it sounds! Definitely going to be a regular one.
A great way to make use of all the cranberries too, that are now reduced in most stores.
Cranberry Kale Smoothie
A handful of kale leaves and cranberries, couple slices of lemon, one banana, 1/2 ripe pear and sweetener of choice all goes in a blender until smooth. Pour in a tall glass and enjoy. That’s it!
Yummy Fresh Start!
- a handful of kale leaves (you can rip them from the fibrous boney centre)
- 7 - 10 fresh cranberries (frozen is also good)
- juice from 2 slices lemon
- 1 banana
- 1/2 ripe pear
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (like agave nectar or maple syrup, optional)
Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. (I used a hand blender).
Pour in a tall glass and serve!