Yesterday for diner, I made some veggies stir fried in a nut of vegan margarine and soychunks cooked in tomato sauce. It was a quick simple meal but very tasty!
For the veggies, I used diced parsnips (a too often forgotten vegetable, yet so flavoursome!), sliced courgettes (or zucchini), mushrooms and onions.
- Sauté the parsnip first in some margarine with some finely chopped garlic.
- When almost cooked and sligtly browned, add in courgettes, mushrooms and onions.
- Stir a few minutes, then add salt and pepper to taste.
Soychunks in tomato sauce; I made this one really quickly.
- Rehydrate the soychunks (I used about 1 cup) by boiling for 10 minutes in salted water. Then drain all water.
- Heat some oil. Add in the soychunks, sprinkle with some dried thyme.
- Allow to cook until slightly crispy and golden. Remove and set aside.
- Sauté some onions and garlic with 1 tablespoon of oil, add about ½ cup of pasta sauce (or tomato puree).
- Allow to reduce a little. Then add in the soychunks. Stir and mix well. Add water if more sauce is required and salt to taste.
We had these with some basmati rice. It was really yummy!