This is one of my favourite sweet recipe. Very easy to make and very yummy!
Ingredients (8 servings):
250g polenta (the powder, not the ready made one)
125g sugar (demerara or light brown)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Some chopped nuts
- In a non-stick deep pan, add the polenta, sugar, water and vanilla.
- Mix and place on the cooker, allow to simmer on medium heat stirring gently with a wooden spoon.
- It might take about 10min to thicken. Be careful when it starts to thicken as it will start to erupt volcanically.
- Keep stirring until a thick paste-like consistency is obtained.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour in a round 26cm (or any of your choice) glass dish.
- Spread evenly in the dish.
- Sprinkle with dessicated coconut and chopped nuts.
- Allow to set. You can place it in the refrigerator when it is a bit cooled.
- Cut into 8 triangle pieces
You can add less sugar and have this with some maple syrup
You can add some raisins
You can have this as a dessert or I have it as an afternoon snack with tea.