Lentil Pasta Salad with Balsamic Dill Vinaigrette
Lentil Pasta Salad with radish, cucumber, grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas and aromatic balsamic fresh dill vinaigrette. Vegan soy-free and nut-free recipe with gluten-free option. Can be made low carb and vegan/vegetarian keto-friendly.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 175 g fusilli or other pasta [6 oz] (for gluten-free, low carb and/or keto-friendly options, see notes)
- 200 g cooked green lentils [1 cup]
- 1/2 small cucumber cubed
- 6 grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 small red radishes sliced thinly
- 8 - 10 sugar snap peas
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Other add ins: dill pickles olives, roasted vegetables, other fresh herbs: coriander, parsley
- 2 - 3 stems fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic pressed or minced, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme optional
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (good quality)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Once the water is boiling, place the sugar snap peas in the water and blanch for about 1 - 2 minutes.
Remove from the water and immediately rinse in cold water.
Into the same water, add the pasta and cook according to the instructions on the package.
Once pasta is cooked, rinse in cold water to completely cool it (and stop the cooking process).
Add the pasta to a large bowl followed by the rest of the salad ingredients.
Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl.
When ready to serve, drizzle and mix the vinaigrette with the salad. Toss and stir to combine and coat all the veggies and pasta. Garnish with fresh dill and black pepper. Let sit for 5 mins and serve.
For gluten-free: use gluten-free pasta
For low carb and/or keto-friendly: use konnyaku/shirataki noodles or chickpea / bean fusilli pasta
Calorie content of recipe is based on wheat pasta and will vary based on which type of pasta you use.
If you use zero-calorie noodles, then the calorie content will be much less (about 300 calories less).
Link to Lentil Pasta Salad with Balsamic Dill Vinaigrette recipe - https://veganlovlie.com/lentil-pasta-salad-dill-vinaigrette/