Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake with Spanish Paprika
Smooth vegan chocolate cheesecake recipe with a subtle spicy punch of Spanish paprika. Nut-free vegan cheesecake.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time27 mins
Servings: 1 10-inch pie dish
- 2 cups digestive biscuits crushed, [about 20 biscuits, some of the "value" brands are vegan]
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegan buttery spread or non-hydrogenated margarine
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil substitute with vegan butter, see notes
- 1 pack firm silken tofu [350 g]
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet Spanish paprika
- More paprika for dusting
Mix crushed biscuits with sugar and buttery spread.
Line a pie dish with the mixture by pressing firmly around on the bottom and the sides.
Melt the chocolate chips and the coconut oil in a double boiler. Mixing both together gently until smooth.
Add all the rest on the ingredients together with the melted chocolate in a blender. Process until smooth. (I used a hand blender, so I placed everything in a glass jug).
Pour the mixture onto the crust. Smooth out evenly.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Dust with paprika before serving.
Take a bite. Do you feel the extra oomph!
You may substitute the coconut oil for the filling with vegan butter that is of rather solid consistency but not liquid oil. We need this to firm the filling a little better, so an oil that won't harden in the fridge won't help.
Link to Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake recipe - https://veganlovlie.com/enjoy-decadence-with-some-punch-vegan/